The Southeast Michigan BSD User Group meets monthly for presentations, discussions, socializing, and networking. Local BSD folks involved include BSD author Michael W Lucas and OpenBSD alumni Nick Holland.
Location: Altair Engineering, 1820 E. Big Beaver Rd. Troy MI 48083 . We're in the Innovation Center, easily accessible from the front lobby. If you're not sure you're at the right place, once you go into the lobby you'll see a great big glowing triangular logo looming over you. It's highly impressive.
USUAL AGENDA: Meetings run something like this.
- Lucas tries to give the job of chairman to someone else
- Welcome and abuse of new members
- Jobs offered and needed
- Tech questions (no answers, only questions)
- Official meeting adjourns
- Dinner and answers to questions
2017 MEETINGS AND PRESENTATIONS: Here's our next few months of presentations. Presentations are not recorded at this time. See the history page for old meetings.
- Jan 17: Craig Maloney -- Ansible (slides) Video
- Feb 21: Mary Tee -- TrueOS
- Mar 21: Michael Lucas -- the OpenBSD Web Stack
- Apr 18: Josh Grosse -- IPv6 for the Vaguely Aware
- May 16: Mark Moellering -- Technological Analysis and Hadoop
- June 20: Nick Holland -- OpenBSD
- July 18: Edward Moellering -- Fortran in 256 bytes
- August 22 (WEEK 4): Lightning talks - bring 2 slides and talk for 5 minutes
- September 19: Brandon Werner - Bringing BSD to the Blind
If an out of town visitor appears at the last minute--say, if the lives of Bob Beck or Peter Wemm take a ghastly turn that brings them to Detroit -- we reserve the right to change dates, speakers, and pretty much everything so that we can fully exploit their presence.
This page is a work in progress by Mark Moellering. Direct any comments to him.1. I say inimitable, but we're imitating NYCBUG. "Inimitable" is the new "literally."