The Southeast Michigan BSD User Group meets monthly for presentations, discussions, socializing, and networking. Local BSD folks involved include BSD author Michael W Lucas and OpenBSD alumni Nick Holland.
AS OF AUGUST 2021, SEMIBUG IS MEETING ONLINE VIA JITSI.
WE'RE STILL IN PANDEMIC. STAY HOME. WASH YOUR HANDS. GET YOUR VAX AND WEAR A MASK.
Time and Location: Jitsi, to be announced
MEETINGS AND PRESENTATIONS: Here's our next few months of presentations. Presentations are not recorded at this time. See the history page for old meetings.
- Covid Intermission Ends
- 22 August: Peter Hansteen, "Recent and not so recent changes in OpenBSD that make life better"- special day, 1300 Detroit time (EDT)
- 28 September: Lightning Talks
- 19 October: Dante Catalfamo, Emacs
- 16 November: Deb Goodkin, FreeBSD Foundation President
- 21 December: discussion and lightning talks
- 18 January: Allan Jude, ZedFS (slides)
- 15 February: Susan Hurst, the Left Side of Monday (Get her book) (Slides)
- 15 March: Backus-Naur
- 19 April: Justin Sherril, installing and running DragonFly BSD
- 17 May: Jason Tubnor, desktop FreeBSD (slides)
- 21 June: Michael W Lucas, OpenSSH at Scale (Get Networking for System Administrators)
- 19 July: Robert Citek, Jupyter Notebooks (Jupyter on OpenBSD slides) (Robert's Jupyter Github page)
- 16 August: Lightning talks and presentation on Dump and Restore for OpenBSD and Linux (slides)
- 25 September: PF, Peter Hansteen at 1:00 PM, Detroit, MI time. (Get The Book of PF) (slides)
- 18 October: David Maxwell, Growing a career with BSD and Security (slides)
- 15 November: Susan Hurst on setting up an SQL database (slides)(scripts)
- 20 December: Nick Holland on a backup script.
- [Tentative] 17 January: Emily Pillmore, CTO of the Haskell Foundation, will give a presentation on the Haskell programming language