The Southeast Michigan BSD User Group meets monthly for presentations, discussions, socializing, and networking. Local BSD folks involved include BSD author Michael W Lucas and OpenBSD alumni Nick Holland.
Time and Location: 7 PM, Altair Engineering, 1820 E. Big Beaver Rd. Troy MI 48083 . We're in the Innovation Center, easily accessible from the front lobby. If you're not sure you're at the right place, once you go into the lobby you'll see a great big glowing triangular logo looming over you. It's highly impressive.
USUAL AGENDA: Meetings run something like this.
- Lucas tries to give the job of chairman to someone else
- Welcome and abuse of new members
- Jobs offered and needed
- Tech questions (no answers, only questions)
- Official meeting adjourns
- Dinner and answers to questions
MEETINGS AND PRESENTATIONS: Here's our next few months of presentations. Presentations are not recorded at this time. See the history page for old meetings.
- January 16: Facilities Problem - Meeting Cancelled
- February 20: Nick Holland - Scripting Tips & Hacks
- March 20: Mary Tee & Nick Holland - QubesOS vs OpenBSD
- April 17: Michael W Lucas - SSH Key Distribution & Certificates
- May 15: Hands-On Web Server Workshop
- June 19: James Turner - BCHS (http://learnbchs.org/)
- July 17: meeting overlaps with Southeast MI Azure User Group, who's having Microsoft in to talk about AI. We're going across the hall to eavesdrop, 5:30PM-8:00PM
- Aug 21: Michael W Lucas - ed(1)
- Sep 18: Troubleshooting Lightning Talks
- Oct 16: Nick Holland - Current OpenBSD Exploit Mitigations
If an out of town visitor appears at the last minute--say, if the lives of Bob Beck or Peter Wemm take a ghastly turn that brings them to Detroit -- we reserve the right to change dates, speakers, and pretty much everything so that we can fully exploit their presence.
This page is a work in progress by Mark Moellering. Direct any comments to him.1. I say inimitable, but we're imitating NYCBUG. "Inimitable" is the new "literally."